Monday, February 6, 2012

Falling Leaves Scarf

My newest endeavor is to re-write the Falling Leaves Scarf to be a scarf and shawl pattern. I also noticed there were some errors in the chart (oh my!) so I'm also working on reworking the chart. I have to say, editing is not my favorite part of designing.

My very talented friend, Katy Doyle, has also been taking pictures of my samples. I'm really excited to share a couple of her first photos of the Falling Leaves Scarf, and as soon as I finish it I will also send her the larger shawl! (I wouldn't dare take a terrible photo on my dining table of the incomplete one and put it next to her much prettier ones.)

The Falling Leaves scarf is made with 200 yards of Lotus Yarns Cashmere DK. The new shawl version I'm making is knit with their Cashmere Fingering, which is just as soft but with a lot more yardage.

No comments:

Post a Comment