Thursday, March 15, 2012

Yarn!

I went to Yarn Tree Studios today in Raleigh and they were having 50% off on some of their yarns. I couldn't help myself. I have a healthy stash already, but with that big of a sale, who can say no?

So here's what I bought:
Wolle's Color Changing Cotton
I've never knit a shawl from cotton before, but I was curious to try it with these long color changes.
  Manos Serena 3 ply baby alpaca/pima cotton
Apparently I was in the mood for green today

The Yarn Tree has also agreed to start selling some of my patterns in their shop! The Miya Shawl will be first, so they gave me a skein of the beautiful Malabrigo sock in purple to knit a shop sample. This picture isn't that good, it's hard to photograph dark purple with my point and shoot camera. 

2 comments:

  1. I am very interested in that color changing cotton, I can't wait to see it knit up.
    As a new follower, I can't wait to read more of your blog also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa, I hope you enjoy reading. I have a few ideas for that color-changing cotton. Stay tuned to see what I come up with!

    ReplyDelete