Saturday, September 8, 2012

New Pattern: Lovely Lady Arms

I am publishing a new pattern today! I knit these gloves when I came back from Germany in March, or maybe it was April? After that they sort of sat around for a while, because it seemed silly to publish a glove pattern in the summer. Who wants to knit gloves in the peak of the heat? Although it's not exactly fall here (it's still very hot and humid) I am dreaming of fall, and there's nothing like knitting fall accessories to get you ready for cool weather!

These gloves are made with one skein of Lotus Yarns Cashmere DK. I really love cashmere, but like everyone else I can't afford to knit a sweater out of cashmere. I also think cashmere is something that is so soft and cuddly that to appreciate it you have to wear it against the skin. So that's how these gloves were born. They use up almost the whole skein of yarn, because I really hate to waste yarn, especially cashmere!

Maybe you've already guessed but the name of these mitts comes from a Black Eyed Peas song that was popular a few years ago, but they were not singing about arms...

You can find the pattern on Ravelry: Lovely Lady Arms




Thanks to Katy Doyle for the awesome photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment