Monday, May 21, 2012

Afghans for Afghans

Afghans for Afghans is collecting knit hats, sweaters, and mittens for children and adults to send to a non-profit organization (NGO) in Afghanistan. You can find out more about their organization at their website: http://www.afghansforafghans.org/.

But, it get better! Cephalopod Yarns will give you a $32 coupon if you make an item for donation and send it to them by the end of June! Find out more on their website here: cephalopodyarns.com

On Thursday I went to my knitting group, and someone was de-stashing. I was lucky to pick up this skein of Cascade 220, and I made this hat for Afghans for Afghans. I mailed it off on Saturday, and I already received an email from Cephalopod with a coupon! I immediately ordered a skein of their Bugga, and I can't wait to get it! 


The hat is a simple top down hat knit in stockinette stitch with knit 2, purl 2 ribbing at the bottom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment