Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 3: Knitting Hero 3KCBWDAY3 / A Perfect Knitting Day? 3KCBWWC


Today's prompt is:
Your Knitting Or Crochet Hero 3KCBWDAY3

I have been inspired by many people. As you may or may not have noticed I don't write a lot on this blog, it's mostly short entries with pictures. There is a reason for this: I don't have the attention span to read long blog posts, so I assume that most others also do not, and thus usually stick to short posts with pictures. 

So I'm going to go ahead and do the Wild Card prompt today, which is: your perfect knitting (crafting) day 3KCBWWC

I've received a lot of really nice comments about my post yesterday, so I really feel the pressure to be amusing all week long. Thanks for the confidence-boosting comments, and the soul-crushing pressure... 

Without further ado, here's how my perfect knitting day would start: 

Every good knitting day should start with some nice yarn. This is Lotus Yarns 100% merino wool: Winter Sun.
Ohh and aah over yarn.
Ponder over all the possibilities...
Eureka! A sweater!
Excitedly cast on
And knit
30 minutes later... (Hey, the prompt said perfect didn't it?)
Boy that was a lot of work... I should try it on! 

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! It doesn't fit! WHY DIDN'T I SWATCH FIRST?!?! 
 OH YEAH?!? WE'LL SEE WHO'S BOSS NOW SWEATER! 



Special thanks to my patient husband Brian for taking these photos.
No sweaters were harmed in the making of this post. The featured sweater is a Freddie Krueger sweater that I started in August 2011 for Brian, and is still waiting to be finished... but that's another story.

13 comments:

  1. If only my knitting really did go that fast...sigh...

    Loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could knit so fast hihi... great pics ! very funny ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know you did not not or unravel. It is looking great!
    Ana BC

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great day! The photos are get and the story so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! I loved this post especially the "30 minutes later"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee this is a great post, I love your facial expressions :-)

    Martine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute post. I tend to write long posts, somewhere I read the blogger world expected a post to be about 300 words to be good in search engines. That was several years ago though....Maybe I need to rethink and shorten up which would free up more time to blog more often and or blog walk more?

    And now, will have to check out your post from yesterday.

    You only have the generic google thing here, so can't leave the url to my post for the wild card so will try it here in the comment and hope it works without it looking like spam.

    http://4ccccs.blogspot.com/2012/04/traveling-in-my-time-machine.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fun post! Great photos, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL :O)! It's great to have a hubbie who'll patiently take photos yeah? I'm lucky to have one.

    ReplyDelete