Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Ok, following the cue from many other bloggers I'm going to try to update on what I'm working on every Wednesday.

A lot of the things I'm working on right now are top secret, but here's one that is not, and I started a few days ago.

I blogged about the beautiful Swans Island Yarn a couple weeks ago, and I was going to make a second Miya Shawl, well, things have changed a bit and now I'm going to teach a class on designing your own shawl at Warm N' Fuzzy, so I've been working on a sample for the class.

I started with a garter tap, and increasing 4 sts every right side row in stockinette stitch. I got really bored, so I found an easy stitch pattern that just required an odd number of stitches, and now I'm striping that with stockinette. I haven't quite decided what the border will be, but here's a not great photo (it's rainy here in Raleigh today, and no good lighting can be found)



3 comments:

  1. I really like that stitch pattern! It's going to b really pretty when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    It's the Lace Background Stitch on page 262 from Barbara Walker's A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love thinking about the lace border on the edge of a shawl. It can really be good motivation to get you through the endless stockinette.

    ReplyDelete