Friday, August 10, 2012

Warm N' Fuzzy

My goal is to post on this blog at least once a week. I failed...I am the worst. Yes, I know.

Anyways...

What makes you feel all warm and fuzzy?

For me there are a few things, and one of them is...YARN.

And guess what? There's a new yarn shop in Cary called Warm N' Fuzzy.

This shop is adorable and carries a lot of yarns that are not easily found in the Triangle. I would definitely recommend that you stop by. 

Oh, and something else that's awesome, I'm going to be teaching classes there starting in September! 
Here are a list of the classes I'll be teaching

September
Beginning Knitting - cast on, bind off, knit, purl, you know, the basics. 
Recognize & Fix Mistakes - being self taught I made a lot of mistakes, and then I taught myself how to fix them. Now I want to share these skills with everyone else!
Miya Shawl - see it here. We'll also discuss how to customize the pattern.
Children's Knitting - It's what it sounds like: knitting with kids. Don't give kids rocks, give them pointy sticks and string silly!

October:
Swatch & Block - how & why to do it properly, so you never have a sweater that's 2 sizes too big...or small


November:
Beginning Knitting - cast on, bind off, knit, purl, you know, the basics. 

Cast Ons & Bind Offs - Oh the options! Learn the cable cast on, tubular cast on, provisional cast on, sewn bind off, picot bind off, and crochet bind off.
Design Your Own Shawl - you bring yarn of any weight (ok, not Aran, let's not be silly) and pick a shape, deep triangle, shallow triangle, or half circle, then you find a stitch pattern (or 2 or 3), then we do a lot of math together, and then you knit your very own one of a kind shawl pattern! 
Fingerless Cashmere gloves..these are still unpublished, but I've posted photos of them here and below




See the whole list of classes offered (all the other teachers are Awesome, yes, with a capital A) and they offer crochet classes too! Warm N' Fuzzy Class List

Do you live in the area and have an idea for a class? Tell me. I'm sure one of the fantastic teachers (or possibly me) would be happy to offer it. 


Oh, and I almost forgot! 
Come hang out with me in real life (GASP!) We have knit night every Thursday from 7-9, and most weeks I'll be there all day on Thursday and for knit night!

No comments:

Post a Comment